Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A whisper to my husband

I am in my forties. I spent my youth seeking your love . My thirties your acceptance. And now I wonder was it all in vain. 
What would it take to feel loved? What would it take to live a romance every day? 
I try to explain my feelings . I try to ask for what I need. Only to feel neglected again. 
Then you speak of passion and you say how can't you feel it? 
And I wonder how can I ? Where is the soft touch on the arm, or the loving embrace? Where is the tender look or the kind word? Where are the gestures that say I love you and I am happy to have you in my life. 
I wake to demands, to harsh words, to criticism or at best to indifference. 
And now I wonder will you ever make me feel the way I want to feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment